That typical “no time” excuse for working out – we’re going to smash through it today. All you need is 15 minutes to do this quick HIIT workout plan to get your heart rate up and your muscles working. If that’s not enough of a reason to try it, I’ll give you three more.
- You can do it from your home
- There’s no equipment needed
- It works your full body
Seriously this HIIT workout plan is golden for those of you burning the candle at both ends.
Listen, I totally understand what it’s like to feel overwhelmed with stuff going on in your life. But that’s never an excuse to put self care on the back burner. If you come home from a hard day of work, and just park your butt on the couch thinking you’re just too tired for anything, consider this: working out improves the circulation of oxygen and blood in the body. It also jump starts your metabolism and burns fats stores for energy. That means that the more regularly you work out, the more energy you’ll have to use throughout the day.
Quick high intensity workouts can even be more effective than a slow-paced 60 minute workout proving that more doesn’t always mean better. A good HIIT workout plan leaves your metabolism burning at a higher rate for up to 36 hours after you’ve finished.
can we put in early on that a good high intensity workout can be worth more that aslow paced 60 min workout. and hiit will leave your metabolism burning at a higher rate for up to 36 hours after. so dont think more is always more tyoe of thing.
At the beginning it might be hard, and you might really have to push yourself just to do this quick HIIT workout plan. But the more you push yourself, the easier it will become. Trust me.
Try this quick HIIT workout plan at home
At the highest intensity you can safely manage, do you each exercise for 20 seconds. Take a 10 second rest, then do another 20 seconds of high intensity. Repeat each exercise for four sets. Take 30 seconds of rest between each different exercise.
1. Jumping squats
- Start in a standing position with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Bending into a squat position lower yourself as if you were sitting, bending your knees until your thighs are parallel with the floor. Be sure to keep your knees behind your toes and keep your back straight.
- Pushing through your heels, jump straight up landing back down into a squat position.
- Continue without pausing.
2. High knees
- Start in a standing position with your feet hip width apart.
- Jogging in place lifting each knee 90 degrees or higher.
- Continue without pausing.
3. Push ups
- Start in a push up position with your hands shoulder width apart on the floor, arms straight with your legs out straight behind you. Keep your back straight.
- Bending at the elbows lower your body towards the floor as close as you can while still hovering.
- Keeping your body stiff, straighten your arms to push your body back up to start position.
- Repeat without pause.
4. Jumping jack shoulder press
- Start with your feet together and a dumbbell in each hand. Your elbows should be bent at 90 degrees with your triceps parallel to the floor.
- Jump your feet apart while simultaneously pressing your dumbbells straight up towards the ceiling.
- Jump your feet back together, lowering the dumbbells to starting position.
- Repeat the movement without pausing.
5. Mountain Climbers
- Start in a plank position placing your hands on the floor shoulder width part with your legs extended behind you and your feet together.
- Bending your knee, bring your right leg up towards your hip as if you we’re starting a race. Keep your head looking down.
- Bring your right leg back straight behind you returning to a plank position.
- Repeat using your left leg. Bring your knee up towards your hip, and straighten it returning to plank position
- Alternate the movement in continuous motion between both legs as if you were running.
6. Speed Skaters
- Start in a standing position with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart with your arms by your sides.
- Bending your right knee, swing your left leg behind your right leg in the air behind you, with both arms swinging to the left to follow.
- Switch legs in a continuous motion, leaping to your left leg, keep your knee bent, swinging your right leg behind your left leg. Swing you’re your arms to the right following the direction of your leg.
- Continue jumping backing and forth between each leg in a continuous motion.
Love your #innerbabe
Don’t forget to stretch and cool down when you’re finished. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated, and if you’re hungry, fuel your body with a healthy post-workout source of protein. Smoothies and smoothie bowls are a great way to do this.
How much time do you dedicate to exercise during a busy work week? Let us know in the comments below.