Stubborn lower body fat is what makes doing up your jeans a nightmare. You lay down to zip them up, and as soon as you stand, gravity gives a you big firm reality check. The muffin top. The pouch. Whatever you want to call it, it doesn’t sounds sexy. But turn around and it doesn’t get much better. Love handles spilling over your jeans, creating bulges in your shirt. You end up just feeling lumpy. So what do you do? Well, besides the miraculous work of high rise jeans, there’s this at home lower body workout that I’ve designed to help you reach your lower body bliss. It gets your heart rate up, and works those hard-to-tighten spots like your lower abs, love handles, booty and thighs.
So before you start filling your closet with stretchy waistbands, give my at home lower body workout a try.
My quick and sweaty at home lower body workout
- floor mat
- bench (or chair)
Do each exercise for 30 seconds
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder width apart.
- With your back straight, slowly lower yourself as if you were sitting, bending your knees and hips until your thighs are parallel with the floor. Be sure to transfer your weight backwards into your heels, keeping your knees behind your toes.
- Push through your heels to extend your legs and return to a standing position.
- Start in a standing position with your feet hip width apart and your arms bent at 90 degrees by your sides.
- Kick your right heel up behind you as far as you can towards your butt.
- Follow with your left heel kicking it up behind you and towards your butt.
- Repeat the motion continuously alternating feet as if you were running in place.
- Start with your feet together and your hands by your side.
- Jump your feet apart while simultaneously bringing your arms above your head with a slight bend at your elbows.
- Jump your feet back together and bring your arms back to your side.
- Repeat the movement without pausing.
At home lower body workout challenge
Do each exercise for 1 minute completing as many reps as you can without taking rests. Complete 3-4 rounds, resting 30 seconds between each round.
- Start in a standing position with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Bending into a squat position lower yourself as if you were sitting, bending your knees until your thighs are parallel with the floor. Be sure to keep your knees behind your toes and keep your back straight.
- Pushing through your heels, jump straight up landing back down into a squat position.
- Continue without pausing.
Standing shoulder press
- Start by standing with a dumbbell in each hand and your elbows at 90 degrees with your arms parallel to the floor.
- With a slight bend in your knees, lift the dumbbells up and over your head.
- Slowly lower your arms to return to your starting position.
- Start in a standing position with your feet hip width part.
- Squat down placing your hands flat on the floor in front of you.
- Jump your legs straight out behind you to reach a plank position keeping your back straight and your arms fully extended.
- Then, jump your feet apart just wider than shoulder width, and back together, like scissors.
- Jump your feet forward, behind your hands and back to a squatting position.
- Then, jump up to standing reaching your hands overhead.
- Using a bench or a couch sit close to the edge and place your hands palms-down on either side of your hips.
- With your knees bent at 90 degrees, slide your butt off the bench using your arms to support your upper body.
- Bending your elbows lower your body until your arms are parallel with the floor.
- Push through the palms of your hands to straighten your elbows and back into the starting position.
Plank knee ins
- Start in a high plank position with your hands on the floor, arms fully extended and legs straight out behind you.
- Bring your right knee up and in towards your chest, and then extend it back out to the floor.
- Bring your left knee up and in towards your chest and extend it back out to the floor.
- Continue by alternating knees.
Reverse lunge and curl
- Start in a standing position with your feet hip width apart and a dumbbell in each hand at the sides of your body.
- Take a big step backwards with your left foot until your knee almost touches the floor. Your right knee should be bent at 90 degrees in front of you.
- As you push yourself back up, do a bicep curl, bending your elbows and lifting your dumbbells up towards your shoulders. Slowly lower them back down to your sides.
- Repeat with the opposite leg and continue alternating between legs.
- Start in a standing position with your feet hip width apart.
- Jogging in place lifting each knee 90 degrees or higher.
- Continue without pausing.
Single leg V-ups
- Start by lying flat on the mat, face up, with your arms stretched up past your head.
- At the same time, lift your arms and upper body down towards your torso, and bring your right leg up straight and back towards your torso.
- Lower back down to the mat.
- Repeat the movement again with your opposite leg. Lift your arms and upper body towards your torso, and bring your left leg straight up and back towards your torso as far as you can.
Love your #innerbabe
Here’s a tip. Targeting one part of your body isn’t the most effective way to workout. That’s why we’re mixing in full body movements, and exercises that increase your heart rate in this at home lower body workout. The goal is to create an all over calorie burn to help you lean down and sculpt your muscles. Have more questions? Head over to my Facebook page and join our community of inner babes.
Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments below.
P.s Drink more water! It helps reduce water retention for a flatter tummy.