The key to a killer bikini body is resistance, and this full body medicine ball workout is the perfect fit. You’ll build lean muscle to shape and tone your body plus boost your metabolism. You won’t get bulky or look manly. Instead it’ll help you define the sexy feminine curves that help you rock a swimsuit with confidence.
This workout is high intensity, so get ready to sweat. You’ll even burn fat well after your workout is over. All you need for equipment is a medicine ball. For us ladies, 6-12lbs will do it.
Ready? Let’s get started! 💪
Full Body Medicine Ball Workout
Do each exercise for 45 seconds with 15 seconds rest between moves. Complete 4-5 rounds.
Squat and medicine ball toss
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart. With your elbows bent hold your medicine ball at chest level.
- Lower your hips by pushing your butt back and bending your knees until your thighs are parallel with the floor. Make sure your knees don’t extend past your toes.
- Pushing up through your heels to come back up to a standing position.
- Toss the medicine ball up above your head.
- Catch it and slowly lower the medicine ball back down to chest level.
- Repeat without pause.
Medicine ball burpee with a push up
- Start in a standing position with your feet hip width part holding your medicine ball at your chest.
- Squat down placing the ball on the floor in front of you.
- With your hands on the ball, jump your legs straight out behind you to reach a plank position keeping your back straight and your arms fully extended.
- Do a push up.
- Jump your feet back in towards the medicine ball.
- Holding the ball, jump up on your feet returning to a standing position.
Medicine ball woodchop
- Start with your feet in a wide stance and the medicine ball out in front of your right hip.
- With intensity swing the ball up diagonally above your left shoulder.
- Lower it back down in from your right hip with control.
- Repeat without pause, then continue to the alternate side.
Speed skater with a medicine ball
- Start in a standing position with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart. Hold a medicine ball with both hands in front of you.
- Bending your right knee, swing your left leg behind your right leg in the air behind you, with the medicine ball swinging to the left to follow.
- Switch legs in a continuous motion, leaping to your left leg, keep your knee bent, swinging your right leg behind your left leg. Swing the medicine ball to the right following the direction of your leg.
- Continue jumping backing and forth between each leg in a continuous motion.
Walking lunge with medicine ball
- Start in a standing position with your feet hip width apart and a medicine ball held at chest level.
- Take a big step forward with your right foot bending your knee at 90 degrees in front of you.
- Lower your body until your left knee almost touches the ground behind you.
- Pushing through your heels, step your left foot forward returning to standing position with your feet hip width apart.
- Alternate movements between each leg.
Love your #innerbabe
This full body medicine ball workout is just one of the key components that can help you build your bikini body. Food counts too. Fuel your workouts with healthy food before and after to keep your performance at its peak.
How often do you incorporate resistance training into your workout routine? Tell us in the comments below.