Bikini bodies come in all shapes and sizes. But if you want to take it to the next level, a great butt workout is key. This bikini body workout trains your booty from every angle. That means you’re hitting these three main muscles: the gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and the gluteus minimus.
This bikini body workout can be done at the gym or added to your home workout routine with a few slight variations that I’ve added below. These moves are perfect for lifting and firming your butt just in time for the summer season.
6 bikini body workout moves
1. Step ups with a knee drive
- Start by facing a bench or chair. With your back straight, plant your right foot firmly on the bench keeping your knee at 90 degrees.
- Push through your right heel to thrust your body up. Drive your left knee up to 90 degrees.
- Lower yourself back down to the starting position keeping your weight in your right heel.
- Continued your repetitions, and then move on to your opposite leg.
2. Walking lunges
- Start in a standing position with your feet hip width apart.
- Take a big step forward with your right foot bending your knee at 90 degrees in front of you.
- Lower your body until your left knee almost touches the ground behind you.
- Pushing through your heels, step your left foot forward returning to standing position with your feet hip width apart.
- Alternate movements between each leg.
3. Cable kick backs
Tip – Do this at home with a resistance band
- Attach an ankle cuff to a lower cable pulley and to one of your ankles.
- Standing with your feet hip width apart and your knees slightly bent, contract your glutes and kick your cuffed ankle back out behind you.
- Slowly bring your ankle back to starting position.
- Repeat reps without pause, then switch to the opposite ankle.
4. Sumo squats
- Stand with your feet a few inches wider than shoulder width apart and your toes pointed outward.
- Hold your dumbbell with both hands at chest level.
- With your back straight, slowly lower yourself as if you were sitting, bending your knees and hips until your thighs are parallel with the floor. Be sure to transfer your weight backwards into your heels, keeping your knees behind your toes.
- Push through your heels to extend your legs and return to a standing position.
5. Side lunges
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder width apart and your knees slightly bent. With your back flat bend forward slightly at the hips.
- Take a lateral step to the right, bending your knee at 90 degrees. Make sure to keep your knee behind your toes.
- Pressing through your heels, step your foot back to starting position.
- Repeat repetitions without pause, then repeat with the opposite leg.
6. Stiff legged deadlifts
Tip- Use dumbbells to do this move at home
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder width apart. Bend over and grab a barbell with shoulder width grip.
- Drawing your shoulder blades in together with your back flat, stand until your legs are straight.
- Slowly lower the bar back down keeping your legs straight.
- Repeat without pause.
Love your #innerbabe
Feeling confident in your bikini is what makes you an inner babe. This bikini body workout will help tone your booty, but it’ll also help boost your confidence. The more time we spend taking care of our bodies and minds, the easiest it becomes to love the skin we’re in.
If you’re someone who doesn’t always feel super comfortable in a bikini, schedule in some self love alongside your workout and breath easy. All bikini bodies are beautiful.
What makes you feel most confident during beach season? Tell us in the comments below.