Boost your confidence and get summer ready with this bikini body workout guide. You can do it at home or at the gym with minimal equipment. There’s four rounds, seven individual exercises, and just 60 seconds to complete each one.
Do this workout three times a week and you’ll be feeling like a badass #innerbabe in no time.
Bikini body workout guide
- floor mat
Bikini body workout guide: Step by step instructions
1. Stiff legged deadlifts – 60 seconds
- Start by standing with your dumbbells in front of your thighs and your elbows straight. With your feet shoulder width apart and your knees just slightly bent.
- Bending at the hips, keeping your back straight, lower your upper body and extend your arms to lower the dumbbells to just below the knees.
- Pause for a second
- Slowly using your hips while maintaining a flat back and squeezing your butt, return to a standing position.
2. Sumo squats – 60 seconds
- Stand with your feet a few inches wider than shoulder width apart and your toes pointed outward.
- Hold your dumbbell with both hands at chest level.
- With your back straight, slowly lower yourself as if you were sitting, bending your knees and hips until your thighs are parallel with the floor. Be sure to transfer your weight backwards into your heels, keeping your knees behind your toes.
- Push through your heels to extend your legs and return to a standing position.
3. Leg raises – 60 seconds
- Start by sitting on the edge of a bench, gripping with both hands. With your back straight, lean slightly back to 45 degrees.
- Bend your knees up to your chest, then bring your heels down towards the floor.
- Repeat the motion without pause.
4. Step up with knee up – 30 seconds each side
- Start by facing a bench or chair, with your dumbbell at chest level.
- With your back straight, plant your right foot firmly on the bench keeping your knee at 90 degrees.
- Push through your right heel to thrust your body up and balance with your left knee at 90 degrees in the air.
- Lower yourself back down to the starting position keeping your weight in your right heel.
- Continued your repetitions, and then move on to your opposite leg.
5. Mountain climber running – 60 seconds
- Start in a plank position placing your hands on the floor shoulder width part with your legs extended behind you and your feet together.
- Bending your knee, bring your right leg up towards your hip as if you we’re starting a race. Keep your head looking down.
- Bring your right leg back straight behind you returning to a plank position.
- Repeat using your left leg. Bring your knee up towards your hip, and straighten it returning to plank position
- Alternate the movement in continuous motion between both legs as if you were running.
6. 90 degree crunch – 60 seconds
- Start by lying down with your hands behind your ears, and lift your legs to 90 degrees with your knees bent.
- Engaging your abdominal muscles roll your head and shoulders towards your knees keeping your lower back on the floor. Hold for a second at the top.
- Slowly bring your shoulders back down to tap the floor before repeating.
7. Jumping jacks – 60 seconds
- Start with your feet together and your hands by your side.
- Jump your feet apart while simultaneously bringing your arms above your head with a slight bend at your elbows.
- Jump your feet back together and bring your arms back to your side.
- Repeat the movement without pausing.
Love your #innerbabe
Remember that a killer bikini body takes more than just a toned booty or a great set of abs, it’s also about feeling great on the inside. This bikini body guide will keep you feeling healthy and energetic, then with a little extra self love and nutrition you’ll be set.
For more great workouts, motivation and to take part in our fierce community of #innerbabes check out our Facebook page.
How do you get bikini body ready? Tell us in the comments below.