Bikini body abs are all about hard work and challenging yourself. So to get you beach ready, I’ve got a seven day bikini body ab challenge for you to smash out. With just four exercises, each day gets increasingly harder. You’ll be doing crunches, jack knives, bicycle crunches and plank to hit all the muscles in your core.
Working the abdominals will help you build important muscle that supports your back and good posture. It’s also key to that sexy flat tummy you’re after. Here’s the plan:
7-Day bikini body ab challenge
Day 1– 15 crunches, 5 jack knives, 20 bicycle crunches, 15 seconds plank
Day 2– 20 crunches, 10 jack knives, 25 bicycle crunches, 20 seconds plank
Day 3– 25 crunches, 15 jack knives, 30 bicycle crunches, 25 seconds plank
Day 4– 30 crunches, 20 jack knives, 35 bicycle crunches, 30 seconds plank
Day 5– 35 crunches, 25 jack knives, 40 bicycle crunches, 35 seconds plank
Day 6– 40 crunches, 30 jack knives, 45 bicycle crunches, 40 seconds plank
Day 7– 45 crunches, 35 jack knives, 50 bicycle crunches, 45 seconds plank
Exercise #1 – Crunches
- Start by lying down with your hands behind your ears, and your feet on floor hip width apart, knees bent.
- Engaging your abdominal muscles roll your head and shoulders towards your knees keeping your lower back on the floor. Hold for a second at the top.
- Slowly bring your shoulders back down to tap the floor before repeating.
Exercise #2 -Jack knives
- Start by lying down on a mat with your legs straight, feet together and arms extended straight above your head on the floor.
- Simultaneously lift both of your legs and your arms and upper body up and towards the center of your body. Let your toes and fingertips touch.
- Lower back down to the ground, and repeat.
Exercise #3 – Bicycle crunches
- Lay down on your back and bring both of your feet up off the floor bending your knees at a 90 degrees angle. Place your hands behind your ears with your elbows pointed outward.
- Lift your shoulders and head up slightly engaging your abdominals.
- Start by moving your right knee in towards your shoulder and extending your left leg out straight.
- At the same time, lift your upper body, rotating your left elbow towards your right knee.
- Return to starting position, and continue with your other leg.
- Move your left knee in towards your shoulder and extend your right knee out straight.
- At the same time lift your upper body rotating your right shoulder towards your left knee.
- Return to starting position.
- Do this movement in a continuous motion without pausing.
Exercise # 4 -Plank
- Start with your forearms on the floor with your elbows below your shoulders, and your legs extended straight out behind you. Engaging your core, keep your back flat to create a straight line with your body.
- Hold this position for the recommended amount of time, then lower down slowly to the floor.
Love your #innerbabe
This bikini body ab challenge is a great way to start strengthening your core, but real abs take more than just exercise. You’ll need to clean up your eating habits. Ditch the junk, including salt, sugar, processed foods, and anything else that makes you feel bloated. Instead eat a fiber-rich diet full of vegetables and some fruit, and include healthy fats and lean sources of protein.
You’ll also want to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and keep your stomach flat.
What exercises do you do for great abs? Tell us in the comments below.