Stepping into the gym as a beginner can feel almost as intimidating as showing off your bikini body at the beach. I want you to feel confident to do both. This bikini body workout designed specifically for beginners will help you get there.
It’s circuit style training, meaning you have 8 moves to do, 15 reps each and 2-3 rounds to complete. All you have to do is follow the step-by-step instructions and you can do so from the comfort of your own home. You don’t even need any equipment to get started.
If you haven’t done much weight training focus on your form and start slow if you need to. Increase your intensity once you get the hang of it. Remember to breath while you’re doing each exercise to avoid unnecessary tension and clenching.
Ready? Let’s get started.
Beginner-friendly bikini body home workout
Do 2-3 rounds of this full body workout for a killer bikini body.
1. Squats – 15 reps
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and your toes pointed outward.
- With your back straight, slowly lower yourself as if you were sitting, bending your knees and hips until your thighs are parallel with the floor. Be sure to transfer your weight backwards into your heels, keeping your knees behind your toes.
- Push through your heels to extend your legs and return to a standing position.
2. Lunges – 15 reps
- Start in a standing position with one knee slightly bent out in front of you, and the other leg out straight behind you.
- Bending into a lunge, lower your body down until your front knee is at 90 degrees. Your back knee should hover just above the floor.
- Pushing through the front of your back foot, return to a standing position.
- Repeat without pause. Then switch and repeat on the alternate side.
3. Burpees – 15 reps
- Start in a standing position with your feet hip width apart.
- Squat down placing your hands flat on the floor in front of you.
- Jump your legs straight out behind you to reach a plank position keeping your back straight and yours arms fully extended.
- Then jump your feet forward, behind your hands and back to a squatting position.
- Jump up on your feet to a standing position reaching your hands overhead.
4. Plank – 45 seconds
- Get into a plank position with your hands on the floor below your shoulders, arms fully extended and legs straight out behind you.
- Hold the position for 45 seconds. Then rest for 1 minute.
5. Jumping jacks – 15 reps
- Start with your feet together and your hands by your side.
- Jump your feet apart while simultaneously bringing your arms above your head with a slight bend at your elbows.
- Jump your feet back together and bring your arms back to your side.
- Repeat the movement without pausing.
6. Bicycle crunches – 15 reps
- Lay down on your back and bring both of your feet up off the floor bending your knees at a 90 degrees angle. Place your hands behind your ears with your elbows pointed outward.
- Lift your shoulders and head up slightly engaging your abdominals.
- Start by moving your right knee in towards your shoulder and extending your left leg out straight. At the same time, lift your upper body, rotating your left elbow towards your right knee.
- Move back to starting position and repeat the same motion on the opposite side.
- Alternately between side, repeat in a continuous motion.
7. Inchworm – 15 reps
- Start in a standing position with your feet close together. Bending at the waist put your hands on floor in front of you.
- Keeping your legs straight, walk your hands out on the floor in front of you until your reach a push up position.
- Slowly walk your feet towards your hand.
- Repeat the movement without pause.
8. 90 degree crunches – 15 reps
- Start by lying down with your hands behind your ears, and lift your legs to 90 degrees with your knees bent.
- Engaging your abdominal muscles roll your head and shoulders towards your knees keeping your lower back on the floor. Hold for a second at the top.
- Slowly bring your shoulders back down to tap the floor before repeating.
Love your #innerbabe
Once you’re finished this bikini body workout, make sure you take time to stretch, drink plenty of water. and allow your muscles to rest the next day.
As you get stronger and more comfortable doing different styles of exercise, your confidence will soar. Eventually you’ll feel totally content whether you’re heading to the gym or the beach.
You’ve totally got it in you. And for those times you’re feeling a little unsure, I’m always here to support you. Join our community of #innerbabes to share your journey and get motivated.
Any questions? Ask in the comments below and I’d be happy to help you out!