Regular old crunches and sit ups are not the only exercises out there to work your abs. Actually, let’s face it. They’re boring. If you want great abs you need to spice things up. Switching up your routine is one of the best things you can do for your body. It helps to engage and work more muscle groups in a fresh new way. It also prevents you from getting bored and losing motivation. This advanced ab workout will challenge you, make you sweat and show those abs who’s boss.
You can do these workouts at home in your living room, or out at the gym. The key is to work hard.
6 moves for an advanced ab workout that shreds
- floor mat
- medicine ball
Do each exercise for 1 minute. Rest for 30 seconds to a minute. Repeat for 3-4 rounds
1.Plank tuck hop
- Start in plank position with your hands on the floor shoulder width apart and your legs extended behind you on the balls of your feet
- Jump your feet up towards your chest.
- Then, jump your feet back behind you to return to a plank position.
- Repeat the movement without pausing.
2.90 degree crunches
- Start by lying down with your hands behind your ears, and lift your legs to 90 degrees with your knees bent.
- Engaging your abdominal muscles roll your head and shoulders towards your knees keeping your lower back on the floor. Hold for a second at the top.
- Slowly bring your shoulders back down to tap the floor before repeating.
3.Jack knife sit ups
- Start by lying down on a mat with your legs straight, feet together and arms extended straight above your head on the floor.
- Simultaneously lift both of your legs and your arms and upper body up and towards the center of your body. Let your toes and fingertips touch.
- Lower back down to the ground, and repeat.
- Start by sitting on the floor with your legs extended out in front of you and your medicine ball held with both hands over your stomach.
- Lean back slightly keeping your back straight, knees slightly bent with your heels lifted off the floor.
- Using the medicine ball twist your body to lift it to the left side and then to the right side keeping the motion continuous. Keep your knees together and your ties pointed.
- Start in a plank position with your wrists in line with your shoulders. Your legs should be extended out behind you, with your feet slightly apart. Be sure to keep your back flat.
- Starting with your right knee, bring it up towards your right elbow as far as you can, and then bring it back down behind you.
- Next with your left knee, repeat the same motion, bringing it up towards your left elbow as far as you can, and back down behind you.
6.Alternating toe tap crunches
- Lay down on the floor face up, with your hands up over your head wider than shoulder width, and your legs straight up in the air.
- Keeping your spine straight and looking upwards, bring your right arm up and across to touch your left ankle.
- Repeat the motion on the other side.
Love your #innerbabe
Fit my advanced ab workout into your routine once or twice a week to feel the burn. Don’t forget to give your muscles some rest in-between. Want to talk more about great at home workouts? Hop on over to my Facebook page and join our community of inner babes.
What are your favourite ab workouts? Share them with us in the comments below.
Psst don’t forget to go drink some water! You need to stay hydrated if you want to lean down and really make those abs pop.