Get beautiful strong shoulders just in time for tank top season with these seven shoulder workouts at home. All you need is a pair of dumbbells, or you can even use a resistance band.
If you’re using a resistance band stand on it with one foot or two and widen your stance to increase the challenge as you get stronger.
Try adding these exercises to your workout routine on days you focus on arms or back.
7 ways to do shoulder workouts at home
1. Standing (or seated) shoulder press
- Start by either standing or sitting (your choice!) with a dumbbell in each hand and your elbows bent at 90 degrees with your arms parallel to the floor.
- With a slight bend in your knees, lift the dumbbells up and over your head.
- Slowly lower your arms to return to your starting position.
2. Lateral raises
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand at your sides, start by standing with your feet hip width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Raise the dumbbells out at your sides until your arms are parallel with the floor, keep your elbows slightly bent.
- Slowly lower them back down by your sides, and repeat without pause.
Tip – Get some cardio in by adding a hop to make these jumping lateral raises.
3. Front raises
- Start in a standing position with a dumbbell in each hand by your sides. Your feet should be together, with a slight bend in your knees.
- Lift your weights out in front of you extending your arms straight to shoulder height.
- Lower your arms back down to yours sides.
- Repeat the movements without pause.
4. Bent over reverse flies
- With a dumbbell in each hand start by standing with your feet hip width apart and your knees slightly bent. Keeping your back straight bend at the waist, and hold your dumbbells out in front of you, with your palms facing each other.
- Slightly bending your elbows, lift the dumbbells out to your sides until your arms are parallel with the floor.
- Slowly lower them back down to starting position, and repeat without pause.
5. Upright rows
- With a dumbbell in each hand start by standing with your feet hip width apart and your back straight.
- Slightly bending your knees, holding your dumbbells down to your sides with elbows straight, palms facing in.
- Lift the dumbbells up towards your torso keeping your elbows up and close to your body. Squeeze your shoulder blades at the top.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells back to starting position.
Tip – Add a reverse lunge to increase the challenge and work your legs and butt as well!
- Start in a standing position with your feet close together. Bending at the waist put your hands on floor in front of you.
- Keeping your legs straight, walk your hands out on the floor in front of you until your reach a push up position.
- Slowly walk your feet towards your hand.
- Repeat the movement without pause.
7. T bar plank
- Start on your side with your feet together and your hand directly below your shoulder.
- Lift your hips off the floor, straightening your arm with a slight bend in the elbow. Your body should be a straight line from head to feet. Lift your other arm out straight to form a “T” with both arms.
- Hold the position without letting your hips drop, than repeat on the other side.
Love your #innerbabe
Do these shoulder workouts at home to strengthen your shoulders and mix up your routine. Remember to keep hydrated and drink plenty of water during and after your workout.
For more at home exercises and fitness tips, don’t forget to join our inner babe community.
What are your favourite ways to mix up your workout routine? Tell us in the comments below.