Go to the beach this summer like you own it. This 30 minute bikini body workout will help you feel strong, healthy and confident in your swimsuit. Are you ready? Grab your resistance band and head down to the beach to smash this HIIT-style bikini body workout. I promise it’s worth it.
8 benefits of this 30 minute bikini body workout
- Work your full body. You’ll hit all the major muscle groups.
- Finish quick. All you need is 30 minutes.
- Get results. This HIIT workout will help boost your metabolism and increase your energy.
- Have fun! You’ll move quickly through 8 different moves without ever getting bored.
- Use minimal equipment. All you need is a resistance band.
- Do it anywhere. Take this workout to the beach or do it at home.
Resistance band beach workout
Do each exercise for one minute. Repeat for 3-4 rounds.
1. Resistance band squat and curl
- Stand in the center of your resistance band with your feet shoulder width apart holding each end down at your sides.
- Lower your hips pushing your butt back and bending your knees until your thigh is parallel with the floor. Make sure your knees don’t extend past your toes.
- Pushing up through your heels, and engaging your butt come back up to a standing position.
- As you straighten your legs, curl the ends of the resistance band upwards keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Slowly lower the resistance band back to the sides of your body.
2. Walking lunges (alternating legs)
- Start in a standing position with your feet hip width apart.
- Take a big step forward with your right foot bending your knee at 90 degrees in front of you.
- Lower your body until your left knee almost touches the ground behind you.
- Pushing through your heels, step your left foot forward returning to standing position with your feet hip width apart.
- Alternate movements between each leg.
3. Resistance band standing shoulder press
- Start by standing in the center of your resistance band with an end in each hand and your elbows at 90 degrees with your arms parallel to the floor.
- With a slight bend in your knees, lift the ends of the resistance and up and over your head.
- Slowly lower your arms to return to your starting position.
4. 100 meter sprints – 4 times
- With as much speed and intensity as you can, sprint for 100m.
- Walk to return to your starting point.
- Using a bench or a couch sit close to the edge and place your hands palms-down on either side of your hips.
- With your knees bent at 90 degrees, slide your butt off the bench using your arms to support your upper body.
- Bending your elbows lower your body until your arms are parallel with the floor.
- Push through the palms of your hands to straighten your elbows and back into the starting position.
6. Resistance band row (using a pole or tree)
- Loop the resistance band around a nearby pole or tree. Then standing with your feet hip width apart, hold on to each end of the band with your arms extended out in front of you.
- Bending your elbows pull them out behind you in a rowing motion.
- Slowly bring them back to starting position, and repeat.
7. Bear crawl – 50 meters
- Start on all fours, with your hands and feet on the ground shoulder width apart. Keep a slight bend in your knees and elbows.
- In a crawling motion, step one hand forward, with the opposite foot to follow.
- Continue this motion alternating hands and feet for 50 meters.
8. Spiderman plank
- Start in a plank position with your wrists in line with your shoulders and your legs extended out behind you, with your feet slightly apart. Be sure to keep your back flat.
- Starting with your right knee, bring it up towards your right elbow as far as you can, and then bring it back down behind you.
- Next with your left knee, repeat the same motion, bringing it up towards your left elbow as far as you can, and back down behind you.
Love your #innerbabe
For best results, do this bikini body workout three times per week for 4-6 weeks. Then switch things up. Alternate your days with cardio and 1-2 rest days per week. Drink plenty of water as you work up a sweat and make sure you refuel with carbs, protein and fat when you’re done.
Include a gentle warm up session before starting this bikini body workout. Skipping, a light jog, or cardio exercises such as high knees or jumping jacks are great options. Spend time stretching when you’re done. It’ll help reduce the amount of soreness you feel later on.
What are your favourite beach-friendly workouts? Share them with us in the comments below.